We believe that, as human beings, we are members of an implicit compact, a set of rules for how we live together in society, online and offline, in peace and understanding. Among the generally unspoken but essential rules of this compact are:
1. No one should be marginalized, condemned, ridiculed, or discriminated against for practicing legal, consensual behavior.
2. Everyone has the right to pursue happiness.
3. Everyone has a right to privacy.
4. Every human being has a valid claim on our respect and empathy.
For many reasons, members of the fetish community are too often excluded from this agreement. This group is part of a wider social movement to right that wrong. Together, we have these resources:
1. Information to share with outsiders in a respectful, nonjudgmental way.
2. A gathering place for sharing ideas that are often misunderstood outside our community.
3. A guide to effective response, from principles of social interaction to the hows and whys of summoning DeviantArt's administrative regulations.
4. Empathy, support, and care from others who have found themselves subject to harassment from the intolerant.
Together, in a spirit of love and support, we are strong. With information and resolve, we can change the world, or at least the way things are here on dA.